Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Blood
Spec 2 : Frost

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Your age::

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Jrdlocke Blood Death Knight

Are you able to consistently make all of our raid times? (Mon, Tues, Wed 6:30-9:30 PST):
Yes

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
Been playing since March. Really like the game and would love to learn. Looking for a guild to raid with and help me figure out my gear and really commit myself to. I have not raided before but really want to learn and run with you guys.

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
Murron

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
Obviously very high if im coming to you guys. I am willing to learn and i want to be the best and am willing to do whatever it takes to tank for you guys.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Sheep

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
the universe implode

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
I believe i relate to a sheep because i am quiet and observant.

And i would love to see the universe implode because that is one of those choices that nobody in our lifetime will ever see. i mean you can see a person choke to death or be kidnapped every day. i could make a turkey sandwich anytime etc...

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Jrdlocke

re: DECLINED - App: Jrdlocke - by Tavie/Angarato

If you guys need anything changed let me know i am willing to change gear or specs

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

Thanks for your interest in AoR, we always appreciate with others take an interest in our guild. However, currently your gearing is well behind where we are in progression. So much so, that you would not be able to contribute to the bosses we have on farm at your current gearing. However, we are definately interested in a Blood DK.

If you could spend some more time gearing up your toon, I would encourage you to reapply once your gear level is a bit higher. Currently I show you with an average item level of 356, when you approach the mid 380's, please come back and talk to us again.

Best of luck in your search.
Jrdlocke

re: Gearing

awesome! i will come back to you guys once im in the mid 380's i know you guys are awesome cause murron talks about you all the time. thank you so much and could you guys give me some advice on how to better my armor? peices, certain gems, etc?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Amminidabtree

Grind heroics and LFR for valor points. Make sure you run the LFR every week for a chance to get upgrades.

Blue quality gems are kind of expensive on this server unless you are able to farm some kind of material that sells well on the AH, which isn't too difficult to do in this game. An alternative for getting gems is to run 10 or 25 man of Dragon Soul to get tokens that purchase motes of darkness, or whatever they're called, that have a chance to drop gems. You could also have an alt that has mining and JC so you could prospect ore to get blue quality gems.

Also, the WoW forums have a lot of useful guides for every class, for pretty much every spec. Those are usually good starting areas to learn more about your class.

Elitist Jerks' forums usually has good theorycrafting and a more in-depth analysis of the class you are playing. Also, I'm sure you could find a death knight blog that offers good insight.

"Elitist Jerks' forums usually has good theorycrafting and a more in-depth analysis of the class you are playing. Also, I'm sure you could find a death knight blog that offers good insight."

I use this site for all things DK

I often find that a good quick guide is to look at what others are doing. Using wow-heroes or the armory, you can look at other blood DK's. I have a blood DK alt named Obeliska. Follow the link and you will get an idea of how I approached gearing and gemming. WoW-heroes.com allows you to list multiple DKs, so you can get a broader sample.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: