This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Junkr
Friend

re: Art of Ruin - World of Logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hahpwa9vmfk73bu2/deaths/?s=1363&e=1890

There ya go.

Savallia

ow.

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

owie
Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

I don't even

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fo1v51ycevqfqghs/
Lydecker Lies
Friend

Griiiiiiimmer wrote:
I don't even

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fo1v51ycevqfqghs/

/flex

To burn a thousand trees
Bananashroom

like range needs to gtfo of goo, im sorry i suck at getting out of choking gas. will do better! for pony! he doesnt do any cleave right? its ok that i stand infront of the boss sometimes?

No. He doesn't cleave - I generally don't have much trouble staying outta the gas during P2...Its pretty easy to predict, and our tanks are usually pretty good for getting him out of it. P3 is another story, I stand in front of the boss with the tanks because he drops it more frequently, and we are constantly moving. That and in P3 everyone is nuking and its tough to see the graphic sometimes..

TLDR Version: P2 = Pay attention, P3 = Stand in front of boss.
Ourstateobzen

My usual strategy for avoiding the choking gas bomb is as soon as I see the warning pop up, I move to be in the front-right or front-left side of the boss. There seems to be a bit of a sporadic nature in the dropping positions of the bombs, sometimes they are right next to each other with no room in between, other times you could fit a truck in between them. So it would seem to me that there are only three safe regions to be standing when bombs come out, directly in the middle behind him, or the two regions I mentioned earlier. I find the latter two zones to be much more certain of avoiding the bomb. But yeah, no cleave or anything that would hurt you by standing in front of him, just parried attacks, and I suppose one or two parried white swings is a decent cost to avoid 20 seconds of missing.
GM Fright
Officer

I'm home sick today, so I've been reading more things and watching more things etc etc. Other than an adjustment on initial placing for ph3, we are doing this fight correctly. We just need to do it better.

It's not really even malleable goo anymore. Yes sometimes we get smacked by it and sometimes someone dies to it, that's raiding, and it's why they gave us the battle rez and one of the reasons we keep arci out of the abom (aboms can't battle rez? no.) Can we get better at it? Absolutely. Is that what kept us from killing him last night? No.

Neither did choking gas. Neither did the abomination or the oozes or the slime puddles or the tanks. What kept us from killing him was DPS. The faster the oozes die, the less damage they put out, the easier it is for the healers and the less likely it is that the goo will hit someone with low health. If the boss died just a little bit faster in ph3, we would have killed him last night.

You think you're kicking out everything you've got already? Compare these:.
---------------------------------
These two meters are for a bunch of boss attempts/kills from a couple raids a week or two ago:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/srtb4nz0ljboew58/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses
Averaged 9865 DPS, excluding tanks and healers.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v2jysti0fuf06tug/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses
Average 11281 DPS, excluding tanks and healers.

Now this is our Normal 25 man Putricide kill from last week:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/eaya2k0y4bnuz6gz/sum/damageDone/?s=1083&e=1398
Averaged 9882 DPS, excluding tanks and healers. (Prior week was 9869)

And this is the DPS from all of our heroic attempts last night:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fo1v51ycevqfqghs/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses&boss=36678
Averaged 8643 DPS, excluding tanks and healers.
---------------------------------
From normal to heroic we're looking at about a 13% dps loss. Why? We should see a DPS gain, because we're not sitting there stunned for 10 seconds during both transitions, instead we're DPSing. So we stop DPS towards the end of ph1 and we lose, what, 3 or 4 seconds? Not a valid reason either. Blame it on the plague? Arci mostly handles that, and even if he doesn't, you only have to run a few yards to pass it off. We die more often? That doesn't effect your logged DPS.

Do I realistically expect a dps gain? No, and especially not for the melee, because there is more running around. But I do expect the loss to be way less that 13%. Here's the breakdown for those that were there last night between your DPS on your last normal PP kill and all the attempts combined last night:

Acramor: normal - 12781 / heroic - 12281 / -4% difference
Frightening: normal - 10970 / heroic - 10604 / -3%
Saurial: normal - 9679 / heroic - 9258 / -4%
Azakel: normal - 10027 / heroic - 9411 / -6%
Eax: normal - 11581 / heroic - 9046 / -22%
Obzen: normal - 11017 / heroic - 9658 / -12%
Siletense: normal - 11603 / heroic - 9782 / -15%
Lydecker: normal - 10529 / heroic - 8625 / -18%
Bananashroom: normal - 8463 / heroic - 7737 / -8%
Trazodone: normal - 9366 / heroic - 7715 / -17%
Themormonone: normal - 8258 / heroic - 7946 / -4%
Kimlin: normal - 9188 / heroic - 7691 / -16%
Amminidab: normal - 9766 / heroic - 8221 / -16%
Blazingangel: normal - 8783 / heroic - 7690 / -12%
Klik: normal - 8852 / heroic - 7245 / -18%
Abscynth: normal - 9473 / heroic - 7304 / -23%
Kaasi: normal - 8215 / heroic - 6720 / -18%

I'd say less than a 5% loss for ranged and less than a 10% loss for melee is successful. Heck, I'll even give melee to 13%. And I know I'm comparing ONE normal kill to TEN heroic tries, and it's not exactly an equal comparison and blah blah blah, but you can't look me in the eye and tell me our DPS was great last night. You can't look at the log from last night and tell me that everyone was on point.

Watch this video:
http://www.stratfu.com/videos/putricide-25-heroic-mage-guide
Every person on his meter, and I'd assume the majority of the rest of them too, are above 9k dps. That was at the 10% buff. We had only 7 above 9k with the 30% buff. Are they that much better than us? Or are they just trying harder and learning faster and researching their class more? Watch it again, and pay attention to what he does and what he says, and apply it to yourself.
Read this also:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/720230-Prof-Putricide-25-Heroic

Yes it's a hard fight, and yes there's a lot going on. It does take some time to get comfortable with the fight and your role, but we should be at that point with this fight already. It is not a gear issue, it is a player issue, and if we expect to be a top ten guild on the server, we can't have execution issues to this extent. We have the right strategy, and we have done it enough to know what needs to be done. Concentrate and execute, because this is end-game raiding, not a fucking PUG.

I WANT TO KILL HIM.

What did Putricide ever do to you?
Abscynth
Raider

OMG WAFFLES

Last edited by Abscynth on 10/05/2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM Fright
Officer

Abscynth wrote:
I'm gay.

GM Fright wrote:
Watch this video:
http://www.stratfu.com/videos/putricide-25-heroic-mage-guide
Every person on his meter, and I'd assume the majority of the rest of them too, are above 9k dps. That was at the 10% buff. We had only 7 above 9k with the 30% buff. Are they that much better than us? Or are they just trying harder and learning faster and researching their class more? Watch it again, and pay attention to what he does and what he says, and apply it to yourself.

#5 and #9 on his meter are rogues, at 10180 DPS and 9475 DPS, respectively. Figure it out.

Here's the world's first heroic PP kill, no buff, mostly from a combat rogue's pov:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv93ko3WeK8

Also, resto druids, I've forgotten to mention it a few times now, but if you're not running with the Revitalize talent and keeping a rejuv on the abom for energy, it sure would help if you started.

Last edited by GM Fright on 10/05/2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

EVEN KIRBY HAS THEM (>'#'<)
Abscynth
Raider

Oh. DBM? FUCKING MANDATORY.
Anaaria

I'm 3/3 Revitalize and always keep the abom hott'ed.... so nannanabooboo!!!!
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: