Class : Shaman
Spec 1 : Elemental
Spec 2 : Resto

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

How old are you?:
Really Old

Please list your raid ready characters and their class/spec, beginning with your main.:
horatio ele shaman

Which of these characters are you primarily applying with, and would you be willing to switch if needed?:
just this one for now

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
I am on wow almost daily. generally at least a couple hours a day, unless participating in a raid. Relatively new player to wow. Have only been playing for about a year now. Have recently gotten my first toon up to level 80 and have gone about as far as I can with pugs.

my GS is 5.2 and I am looking to upgrade my armor. It seems that the best way to do this is to by raiding in ICC. However the guild I am in currently does not have a lot of dedication to raiding. We seem to be only able to do an ICC run every couple weeks, then we have to pug 2-3 members to fill out the 10 man raid.

Otherwise it is a great and friendly guild, but I am hoping to get more weekly raid time and to have a guild environment where I can learn better tactics.

Why have you decided to apply to The Art of Ruin?:
From your forum posting you want to focus on hard modes and to have fun on an aggressive schedule. That is what I am looking for.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Unicorn

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
Nancy Grace kidnapped

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
I closely relate to a unicorn because like the unicorn I am a creature that is always there but most people don't notice me.

And Nancy Grace should be kidnapped as a public service. She is just SO annoying.

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> 3x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> 3x a Month
Poupalos

re: DECLINED - App: GreenMan3 - by GM Fright

Hey there Horatio,

Just a couple of questions so i can gauge where you are at in thought process for a Ele Shaman,

I would also be interested in seeing how you weigh stats against each other and what your process is for determining whether or not a new piece of gear is an upgrade or not.

It would help if you gave me a brief description of your rotation.

I have an estimate of what your dps should be on the average boss fight. If possible please provide the approximate dps for several boss fights (10 or 25, Tier 8 to 10 content). Good example fights that come to mind are Northrend Beasts, Lord Marrowgar, Deathbringer Saurfang, Lord Jaraxxus, and Ignis the Furnace Master.

If you don't have this data that is perfectly fine.

Lastly, the spec you chose seems a little bit off for raiding 25 man content. You have maxed points in Astral Shift and no points in Elemental Weapons!??!?!?

Poup

Last edited by Poupalos on 06/22/2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreckrium

Hit myself or Frightening up in game whenever possible.

If we are not available you may also contact Poupalos, our resident Elemental Shaman who will likely be able to determine if you have the basics for Elemental DPS down.

Thanks very much for your application, we look forward to hearing a bit more from you.

Edit* Poup beat me to it, hook up with him as soon as possible.
GreenMan3

I will connect with Poup as soon as I can. Depending on when Suramar actually comes back up.

But in the meantime I will comment about Poup's questions.

First off, as I said in my application I have playing wow for only a short time (roughly 24 months) and this is my first character that I have leveled to 80. It has only been in the lat couple months that I have started raiding. Primarily before that I was doing just PVE questing and 5 man dungeons.

So far I am still "trying out" various tweaks to my gear, enchants, gems, talents, to maximize my DPS.

My focus has been on increasing my spellpower and haste. While keeping a good balance with hit rating and crit. In my current configuration I have about 38% crit in elemental and about 14% hit rating. I recently reduced mt hit rating from about 17% by changing out my gems to focus on haste.

At the moment I can't really tell if the haste increase has has demonstrable increase in DPS. I have been monitoring my hit/miss percentage and so far with 14% hit rating, I have not missed.

Your comment about points in Astral Shift Vs. Elemental Weapons is a good point. That is a leftover from my leveling build. I will be redistributing those 3 points to elemental oath and Elemental Weapon.

I'm choosing this change because to 10% additional spell damage due to the Elemental Focus will deal about another 1000-1100 damage (AVG depending on spell). While putting all 3 points into Elemental will increase the spell damage on Flametongue by about 63 (according to wowhead). I am not as familar with the mechanics of WOW as I would like, so I don't know if 63 additional SP will equate to more than 1000 additional damage (but I don't think so).

My rotation is FS, LvB, CL, LB, (LB repeated till CL or LvB becomes available)

As to evaluating gear upgrades. I look at the new stats and currently see if they will increase SP and Haste. Of course if the piece of gear being replaces has other stats like crit strike or hit rating I take a hard look at how that will affect the mix as well.

As to my DPS, currently I tend to deal 6K - 6.5K in bursts. Over longer fights that include trash mobs (rather than just the Boss), my average seems to be around 3.5 - 4K

That is one of the reasons that I am looking to upgrade my armor to increase my stats.
GreenMan3

Update to last post.

Just changed my talents and on the training dummies in org I am doing 5200 DPS average.
Poupalos

Hey Horatio,

At this point in time we are going to have to pass on your application to our guild. We are a little farther along and are looking for people closer to where our progression is.

You have been very mature in your responses to my questions and very flexible when ideas have been thrown your way.

Check back in a few weeks when you have progressed more and we can chat again.

If you have any questions about your class you can always PM me.

Poup

GreenMan3

Well CRUD!.

Not quite the response I was hoping for, but I understand.

I will check back in with you in a few weeks.

Thanks for your consideration and for your pointers on my talent build.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: