Race : Blood Elf
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Affliction

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

How old are you?:
30-49

Please list your raid ready characters and their class/spec, beginning with your main.:
Chrisyamyst Warlock/Affliction

Which of these characters are you primarily applying with, and would you be willing to switch if needed?:
Chrisyamyst, Yes(Affliction is best and most natural spec.)

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
ICC25 10/12, ICC 10 11/12, ICC10 HM's 6-7/12, ToC25/10 5/5, Ulduar 25/10 clear, VoA25/10 4/4, OS25/10(2D/3D), EoE25/10, Naxx25/10 clear, BC- BT, sunwell, Magt, MT, kara.. and a few others, Times played 258 days, at lvl 193 days. Guilds: You, Anomaly/Elegy, Praxis/We be Guilty, Sanctuary, Arcturus, Indomitable among the notables.

Why have you decided to apply to The Art of Ruin?:
I will have to keep this brief because I have times out twice already and would like to get this complete. I have wanted to be in this guild since it faction changed. I know the history of the guild. I had many things go wrong with my first attempt at the guild. I was given every opportunity to succeed, I simply had too much go wrong for me to every perform at the level expected. Even after my failure I knew I still wanted to be in this guild. I made the changes that were needed to my location and computer that would allow me to have the performance required of a raider. I returned to my best spec, Affliction, and reinvented myself. I got much needed experience by become a core raider in several top raid guilds on Suramar. I now possess the abilities and the awareness to be an effective raider. It was always my wish to return. I strongly feel that here, I will have the opportunity to become the best player I can be and to reach my full potential. I am consistantly doing 10K++ on single target, and 24-36K on mob aoe pulls.. raid GS 5955. Professions 450-tailoring, alchemy, 450-all secondary professions

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Luke Skywalker

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
ham sandwich

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
I have written a whole epic Star Wars/WoW, powers for good/dark side, overcoming the dark lord/ham sandwich, epic novel.. But after timing out twice I want to get this through. I will make the it available as soon as i get past this app..Happy it really good..

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> 3x a Month
Chrisyamyst

re: Multiple guilds

Sanctuary, and Arcturus were my first two serious guilds after turning 80. I was still very new to WoW, and didn't know the in and outs of being in a guild. I hadn't learned guild politics. Both, are very good guild. Both I left of very good terms. It simply wasn't a good fit. Anomaly/Elegy, Praxis/Ye be Guilty, this was an example of a period when guilds, split, merged and took on new names. Reforming, taking new names, but essentially it was always the same guild. Votu and We Be guilty, merged into Ye be guilty, then Ye be Guilty split and a major part became Praxis. The same is true with Elegy. Elegy went through a difficult period. they split into two factions. One of the factions became Anomaly. Ultimately it was the most chaotic period for Horde guilds. It was also a period where Officers were greedy and deceitful. Forming core group, taking the bulk of the loot and then ultimately taking a core group of raiders and leaving the server without warning. Obviously if you played for progression, you stayed in these guilds. Praxis and Anomaly both have had their moments where they dominated progression. But in that, I went 4 months without getting a single piece of loot. When you see an officer alt getting BiS items over mains it starts to cause problems. The Gm (former) of Ye be Guilty was probably the worst example of Officer looting and favoritism. Regularly giving BiS dps weapons to his girlfriend(healer) who was in the guild, over dps casters that could have actually used the much needed upgrades. I'm sorry, I can only take so much of politics, greed, unfairness. And if you saw gross wrong doings what would you do? All of this was an extended period where even the big guilds Midnight, Galt went through changes, left the server, reformed. I still run with all these guilds on occasion. I often ran with Anomaly because I still have a lot of friends there. Just like I have often run with Midnight and Galt.(alt runs, etc.) I have friends all over the server. If my current guild is doing nothing(say because of vacations and so on) and it is deemed to be ok to do 25's you are of course going to choose the big guild alt runs for they are surely going to go further. I am a mature player. I'm a psych major. I don't get upset, I don't get mad if someone get the item I really wanted. I don't play for loot or gold. I play to raid. I also have many friends that have switched factions. In all honesty and from most people's experience. Alli guild's are run more professionally. A big reason I chose this guild in the first place. It was a different and refreshing prospective. Everybody who has spent a great deal of time on Horde has been in many, many, guilds. It is an unfortunate nature of the game. I hope this answers your questions.
Chrisyamyst

re: I might be off a couple of days

I am sorry, but there are some personal matters that have come up that to me are more important pretty much anything else. I also expect to be moving over the next few days. Nothing should keep me off-line for more than a couple days. If you wish to fill the spot.. By all means take Lydecker. You can't do wrong. Very good friend, extremely good lock. I am sure I will get a spot sometime in the future. Happy I will try to keep you up to date on what is going on with me. Right now.. Things just re a little crazy so I will be off dealing with it.
GM Fright
Officer

re: DECLINED - App: Chrisyamyst - by GM Fright

No problem, thanks for the heads up. I hope everything works out.

Let us know when you might be available again, and if we're currently recruiting locks at that time then we'll see about taking the next step in your application.

-Fright

re: So were you really interested?

http://johngaltwow.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3344

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Azakel
Raider

re: DECLINED - App: Chrisyamyst - by GM Fright

I can't for the life of me figure out why we even considered the app. This person was flakey during the trial it had with Resurgence.

Jump to: