This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junkr
Friend

re: Re: Offset DKP rules

This is just my 2 cents on the matter.

After two incidents of confusion about offset pieces in last night's raid, I feel as though I (and probably some other people) need some more clarification on offset bidding.

The rules say:
Quote:
---Alt Spec starts at 5. It must clearly be an alt spec item to go for the reduced amount. A mage cannot roll offspec on hit gear for their hit set, for example. That is not an offspec.

I don't mean to sound rude but I feel this is altogether unnecessary. If an item goes to offspec bidding, clearly no one feels it is a straight upgrade to their main set, and they aren't going to be using the piece right away, if ever. If people are not bidding on main spec pieces so they can hope to get it for cheaper as an "off set", they are clearly not thinking right.

Here are the biggest issues with this system and I feel like I need clarification on these in case they come up again. I can see Resto/Elem. shammy, Shadow/Holy priest, FeralTank/FeralDPS druid, Boomkin/Resto druid, and many DK weapon combinations, all being points of note here. Some (yes, some) pieces will work interchangeably, however that does not automatically mean its a main set upgrade. In my case, there are pieces that are assuredly shadow/caster dps that I would like to bid on for my offset, but with this system I am going to be unable to without bidding main spec. With that being said, there's a couple points that I believe will hold true for me and everyone else:
-I am not going to bid on a DPS item main spec as a main spec healer. It just doesn't work that way. If I outbid a main spec dps who clearly needs the item, you might as well just shard it because it's going to be of no use for the raid.
-If I am not bidding main spec, I'm clearly not going to be using that item to heal with.
-I'm not going to wait to see if I can get a piece for my main spec for less DKP as an offset bid, that's just a very uneducated risk with little to no reward, and I risk losing a piece I want/need to ANYONE else who wants it for their main spec.
-In the case that no main spec dps wants it, then I feel I should be able to bid offspec on an item that clearly is not a priority item for me.
-Spell hit/Mp5 are not the only two defining stats for DPS/Healing. In this system, every SP/HASTE/CRIT item there is (and there's a lot) would only be obtainable by healers by bidding main spec over a dps. Which basically means no healer is ever going to get an offspec item without spell hit without having to bid main spec on it, having a good chance of taking an offset item over a main spec dps.

This got way way longer than I expected but I kept thinking of better ways to explain my point. It's not even that big of a deal, but it's something that might cause problems at a later date and I think it's worth discussing.

GM Fright
Officer

re: Re: Offset DKP rules

That's a good enough argument for me.

From now on, if you want to bid for offspec on something, then you just go right ahead and bid on it. This has caused me multiple problems over the past few raids and I think you guys are just simply right, and I'm wrong. Policy changed.

Thanks for the input, Junkr.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: