This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaede

re: Resignation.

Some of you may have noticed my absence from game this week. I'm sorry for suddenly dropping myself from the raids, although I removed my signups as soon as I figured out what I was doing this week.

And what was I doing exactly? well I wasn't staying up till 12:30 or 1:00 anymore. I was worried this might happen, but the late night/early mornings were catching up to me fast. My work performance was slipping. That to me was a big red flag. So this weekend when I was stuck to the couch I did some thinking and came to the difficult conclusion that raiding isn't something that my schedule allows right now. At least not raiding on a PST time zone. I thought briefly about maybe finding a guild that raids earlier in the evening, but I don't want to find another new guild again (or another new server if it came to that) just when I finally got settled into a good one.

Anyway, tl;dr: (I'm sorry, I talk a lot) I'm resigning from official raiding, going casual, whatever you may call it. I'm not yet canceling my account and, as I mentioned, not hopping servers. So I'll still be around on weekends and some evenings.

I was really reluctant to do this in the middle of our big progression push, especially as we continue to need people to fill groups - losing one doesn't help. But I gotta look out for me first. So there it is.

Good luck with stuffs, I wanna see a 25-man Arthas kill shot!!!

<3

This makes me... really... sad....

I know how you feel with the sleep deprivation Jaede! I used to be married to raiding and then having to get up 4-1/2-5 hours later for work. That is what caused me to burn out last fall. I really hope you stick around and run with us on the weekends some... and you never know maybe the occasional raid or two ;)
Bananashroom

/cry

Reji sad. Really though some of this same stuff has already happened to me as far as wow interfering with RL. Will miss ya Jaede.

Stick around. I think you'll find as you catch up on some sleep that a balance is possible. We'll be here.

Sorry I didn't respond to your Pm Jaede... Ironically enough it's because each time I got to it, I had to hit the sack so I could get up and go to work the next morning. I can already tell raiding until 12:30 my time then waking up at 6:30-7 is going to suck, so I can't imagine getting the 4 or less hours you've been getting.

You've got nothing but friends here. I wish you could raid, but take care of number one! Let us know what if any nights you have off so we can dominate some 10's or something if you're strill interested in that.

Take care of yourself!

Masticrom

can i haz the shadow crunchies back now plz
Jaede

Friday nights, Saturday nights, and nearly all Sunday nights are a bit more flexible with times since I don't work the next days. So I could do some 10's on Fridays or whore up some achievements on Saturdays if a spot needed to be filled. I would definitely be cool with that.

As far as a balance goes... I honestly am not sure if I could ever go back to balancing this raid schedule with my RL schedule, because the absolute latest I would let myself stay on would be 11 (8 server) and I would much rather you have someone who can stay the entire time. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

I'm still around though, so don't mourn too much ;) I'll likely be on later tonight if anything goes down.

Side note, someone else might want to start recording combat log for WoL!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: