Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Protect
Spec 2 : Fury

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

How old are you?:
21-29

Please list your raid ready characters and their class/spec, beginning with your main.:
Vascor - Warrior | Protection

Which of these characters are you primarily applying with, and would you be willing to switch if needed?:
Vascor - Warrior | Protection

Please provide links to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. link for the character you are applying with.:
At this time, I do not have any parses available. Honestly, as a tank, I do not think I have ever needed to link a parse. All that being said, if you need one to judge my TPS, I am sure that I can get a couple in the coming days.

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
I have really been all over the place with this game. I started playing WoW about 2 months prior to TBC coming out. I rerolled a Draenei Shaman when TBC released and my Shaman was my main all the way up to Muru in Sunwell. When Wrath released, I jumped ship and decided that I needed a change. I went ahead and created Vascor (known by many other names previously) and have never looked back.

Having not tanked for the longest time, I would not consider myself perfect by any means. I would like to be able to say that I know my class well and am consistently staying up on different theorycrafting models on Tank Spot and Elitist Jerks.

Insofar as raiding experience, I have experienced everything in Wrath up to LK in 10M HM and PP/Sin in 25M HM. My attempts on PP are extensive, but my Sin attempts are not. I am well aware that you all are 6/12 HM 25M at the moment, so I cannot see that being a huge problem at this time. Before Wrath, I got up to Muru in Sunwell.

As for guilds, where does one really start? Everything in the past 3-5 months that I have gained, gear wise, has been through GDKP runs on Blackrock. Most of our GDKP runs go 10/12 25M HM up to Sin. My last guild that I can remember was Erus Prolieator back when they were on Tich, which was 6 months ago I believe. The reason why I am looking for a guild now is because I am getting tired of not having a set schedule for raiding and with classes coming up, I need something a bit more definitive.

Why have you decided to apply to The Art of Ruin?:
As any tank has learned or will come to learn, trying to find a tanking position in any guild is a difficult task. The vast majority of guilds out there are set in their tanking lineup and have been tanking together for months/years. So, whenever I see an opening for a core spot for tanking, I jump on it. Nothing really more to it than that.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Luke Skywalker

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
a cowhorse

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
1) Stars Wars...enough said.
2) Who not want to see a cow and horse getting muddy?

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> 2x a Month
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Vascor

re: APPROVED - App: Vascor - by GM Fright

I did want to go ahead and make an additional note as I did not have a place to insert it in the original application. I will be heading to Vegas next week -- Sunday through Weds. Obviously, I would not be able to make those raids if accepted.

Just a getaway before classes start back up in 3 weeks. There are no other travel plans incoming till the holidays.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Wreckrium

Alright, as I hope I accurately described on your recruitment forum post. Our tank situation is a strange one. once upon a time I main tanked for over over two years, but recently have enjoyed just mindlessly slicing up bosses. I will not be tanking now, or in Cataclysm.

Currently our tank situation looks like this...

1 Warrior (He's off being adventurous for two weeks or so, but he'll be around)
1 Paladin (In the Navy, leaves in a couple weeks to go out and dance on the open seas)
2 Death Knights (Cattle is swapping to his Priest in Cataclysm. Sterne is working on a raider spot)

We also have someone with a decently geared Bear to fill in if needed along with myself, though I'd prefer him on his Hunter, as I think he would slightly prefer that as well.

So YES, we are in the market for a tank, but it's a weird issue so it might take a couple days to develop. I'd love to get Fright and myself together to chat with you when you are able.

Thanks very much for the application, see you soon!

Vascor

Hey there Tremurr.

Your recruitment post did not state anything about your tanking situation. I have to be honest, most people that need a tank or two, have some sort of developing situation with their tanking lineup. It is not uncommon to see in the least.

I will be around today all day. Let me know when and where you guys would like to chat.

Thanks.

Wreckrium

Vascor wrote:
Hey there Tremurr.

Your recruitment post did not state anything about your tanking situation. I have to be honest, most people that need a tank or two, have some sort of developing situation with their tanking lineup. It is not uncommon to see in the least.

I will be around today all day. Let me know when and where you guys would like to chat.

Thanks.

To further complicate things I may or may not have internet tonight.

If you are able to log on to Suramar tonight around 6:00 Easter, 9:00 Pacific you will be able to find either myself or Frightening. We're happy to answer any questions you have and would like to get a better feel for what you're all about.

Vascor

I presume that that is supposed to be 6pm Pacific | 9pm Eastern, otherwise I have been having issues with Timezones my whole life Happy

Wreckrium

Vascor wrote:
I presume that that is supposed to be 6pm Pacific | 9pm Eastern, otherwise I have been having issues with Timezones my whole life Happy

Ha yes you're correct. For whatever reason I am checking these forums when i am entirely too busy at work! More from me a little later....

Vascor

See you guys at 6pm PST.

Wreckrium

May not catch you before we raid tonight. We should be around at the same time again tomorrow.

Wreckrium

Hey I saw your tell just as I was logging off. No worries man, we're in no monumental rush, We can try to catch up tomorrow or whenever.

Vascor

Spoke with Night last night. I will get back with you guys on Weds when I return from Vegas.

Thanks.

Poupalos

whos Night?
Vascor

Meant Fright...I fail...

GM Fright
Officer