Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Ourstateobzen

re: coming in patch 4.1

http://stateofdps.com/

Don't worry, Aza, Unholy is still the second strongest melee dps spec, second only to Mut rogues. Keep in mind, as well, that melee are fucked in general for this entire tier of raiding. Paragon said this themselves. If you want to do some dominating, get some PvP gear, grab a resto shaman or disc priest and do some 2v2s. Unholy is unkillable.

Haq, I'm betting what they're doing is noticing that warriors only bring as many utilities to the raid as they have weapons on their back. This is of course subject to the law of diminishing returns, which is why a doubling of the number of weapons leads to only a 1/3 increase in damage. With Rallying Shout, the more warriors are in a raid, the more uptime you have on "OH SHIT RAID-WIDE LAST STAND" health. I just noticed, though, that it does share a cooldown with Last Stand, so it would be a DPS warrior that would want to use it.
Hulkssmash

While I agree with Azakel about the nerf to unholy being excessive, can I just say that the Z'A 10 man speed runs were some of my favorite days in all of warcraft history.

I never even did one where we had a shot even at 3 chests, but yeah, it was pretty damn fun.

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

Somosito
Raider

Hulkssmash wrote:
While I agree with Azakel about the nerf to unholy being excessive, can I just say that the Z'A 10 man speed runs were some of my favorite days in all of warcraft history.

Right now a lot of fights are multi target and it gives ranged a huge edge overall, specifically locks and spriests.

Once we get into some single target fights, melee will have their day.

the one change to frost atm might be huge. tanks might have problems with it cause it makes frost dk have huge aggro in an instant. disease+ obliterate x3 with each obliterate hitting for maybe 30k+, that is lol. so im seeing that frost might have a smaller dps difference compared to unholy but will still like be falling short on heavy movement fights.

they need to make up their mind on raging blow too lol.

Somosito wrote:

Right now a lot of fights are multi target and it gives ranged a huge edge overall, specifically locks and spriests.

I keep getting thrown into this "locks and spriests" category, but I'm about as single target as you get. I've got one dot that's sometimes worth putting up on a couple different things, and bane of havoc is occasionally useful, but I'M NOT AFFLICTION.

Besides, what fights do we have where anyone can REALLY roll dots constantly? Twilight Council, ph1&2 of Nef, and the first half of Halfus? Three out of twelve, big deal. Maybe Val&Ther if you're incredible ambitious. And on Ph1 of nef, that fucking bitch Onyxia tail swipes me every fucking time just before a cast is about to go off, and on Val&Ther ranged is almost constantly interrupting casts to move around and avoid shit, and on Twilight Council we're always running through the fire to remove the debuff or switching targets to remove the fire shield or chasing after Arion who's teleporting to the edges of the room. On Magmaw we're running back and forth and dealing with adds. And on and on.

It's not like melee has life so hard and they have so many things to do, but the wonderful ranged get to just stand there and dot up everything everywhere.

Also, "I have to run around all over the place boo hoo" is not a valid melee complaint. You're melee, it's part of the job. That's like me complaining about cast times.

Besides, plenty of melee beat somo and trazodone, the problem isn't shadow priests, the problem is Acramor. Don't let one amazing player make you think that your class is broken. Instead be happy that he's on our side. I used to be the top DPS in every guild I'd ever been in, with only the occasional exception. Do I think now that I'm broken or I suddenly suck? No. And I'm ecstatic that I've got others in my guild capable of consistently being better than me, because I'm very fucking good already, so that just tells me that the quality of our guild is incredible.

So in conclusion to this mildly out of place outburst: stfu and play your class. We need to spend less time complaining about how broken we are and more time finding the best ways to make use of what Blizzard has currently given us, and be secure in the knowledge that it will change again, just like always.

Fin.

First and foremost,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Scrappy9000/0431eff3.jpg
Do want.

Second and secondmost, let me first say that i am not complaining. However, I do wish you would notice the fact that ranged dps do have an edge in this tier of raiding. How can you simply turn a blind eye to the fact that all 6 of the top dps specs are ranged?

Also, movement. Excessive movement is very much a valid complaint for melee classes. The difference between melee running and ranged target switching is all you have to do is turn your mouse and face the other target. We have to run all the way across the room, during which time we are doing approximately zero dps.

For example, the average top fury DPS on Chimaeron is 20482 (a number I am pulling upwards, thank you very much). Compare that to the average dps on Ascendant Council: 17049. Even with missing a shit ton, we're still doing 83% of the dps while standing relatively still, or at the very least always being in melee range. Now compare destro lock dps on those two fights: 20507 on Chim, 21557 on AC. High movement fights in this tier are punishing to melee dps, and rewarding to ranged dps.

Again, this is not complaining, merely observation of a well-documented fact. Melee have it hard this tier of raiding. We just have to do the best we can within the mechanical confines of our classes and the fights.

After a raid, I judge my performance like this: Did I perform on-par for my class? Did I out-dps those I should have? Did anyone that shouldn't have out-dpsed me manage to? If so, why?
Amminidabtree

OMG you think dps has it fucking easy? Try playing a healing class. it's so fucking annoying having to watch all the dpsers bitch and moan about how much they have to fucking move. Casters are saying that melee has it easy standing next to the boss and melee says that they are ALWAYS, yes ALWAYS moving around the room to get to the adds/boss/abscynth to kill. You know what, if you're able to move out of a special effect that will kill you, MOVE!!! You will do MUCH more dps being alive than eating dirt on the ground.

Now if you die due to something that can be easily healed, such as keeping health above 10k in the chimaeron fight, then tell the healers they're doing a terrible job and need to pay attention more, but if you fucking die because you didn't run the correct way and you got your ass burned to Atramedes flame breath, don't complain to the healers that they're not doing their job, instead you should yell at yourself for being such a fucking idiot that you died to something you're able to run away from and should probably consider finding a new guild if you keep dieing to avoidable instant kills.

Lastly, I have no idea why we're even having this argument between caster and melee dps. As long as everyone consistently putting up numbers over 18k (for acramor 22k) and we're easily killing bosses, we should be overcome with joy that we all burst into singing in vent like it's Obzen's favorite episode of Glee.

Tanks, shutup and tank.

That is all.

CLEARLY

You tell em Mini!

Damn babies

I should just clarify that I meant ranged gets the benefit from not having to move as much as melee. Less movement is always going to mean more time to do damage.

And I should have said affliction locks, sorry to generalize you guys, I'm classist.

I mean, I could care less if I'm 1st or 11th in terms of dps unless we're not killing a boss, or unless I'm doing significantly less damage than everyone else in the raid. But at that point, it's never going to be about class.

Also,

Quote:
the problem is Acramor

Agreed. But it is nice that I'll never be able to be complacent.

And Mini, stop it. I'm starting to like you.

Quote:

That's not gonna happen for me unless he grows a pair and steals his mom's minivan to come visit me when im in Austin.
GM Fright
Officer

Masticrom wrote:
Quote:

That's not gonna happen for me

unfortunately my mom does not have a minivan, so shutup and tank.

I for one hope that whatever they do to balance the raids, it doesn't get rid of the fights with multiple targets to dot. It's a lot more challenging and fun to have more than one target to keep track of dots on and it requires you to be smarter with positioning.
Alinthsux

Amminidabtree wrote:

Tanks, shutup and tank.

Oh, shit! Is that what I'm supposed to be doing???
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: