Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Shadow

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

You age::
21-29

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Antiock, Priest, Holy mainly i dabble in shadow but my passion truly is healing

If available, please provide a link to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. :
N/A been out of raiding since right before cata due to RL and friggin ex girlfriend being having a touch of the psycho

Are you able to consistently make all of our raid times? (Mon, Tues, Wed 6:30-9:30 PST):
Yep

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
Started raiding on a warrior in BC continued up to about halfway through wrath with said warrior (prot) my guild at the time needed a healer and my priest was fresh and i enjoyed playing here so i stepped into those shoes and haven't stepped back out. Im originally from Sentinels ally side where i raided with Acies and Full Circle mainly and got my ToGC 25 anub kill with a guild called abaddon

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
Forums, looking to get back into raiding and looking for some chill people to knock some bosses down with. Most of the other guilds i was looking through i either dont meet their times or their req's as far as class and role

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
Raiding should be focus from the group and attempting to be the absolute best you can possibly be. Not raiding should be fun and enjoyable. I personally get the most satisfaction not from one shotting stuff but from putting down that boss that you have been grinding on for the last 3 days

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Ham Sandwich

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
ham sandwich

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
I grew up on a farm in northern indiana where we raised hogs and cattle on the 5k+ acres me and my grandparents and cousins took care of so it reminds me of home.... plus im fat and white..... and ham is delicious...... that also answers question 2 i believe.... im starving

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 2x a Month

re: APPROVED - App: Brela - by GM Fright

Antiok,

Thanks for the application. Give us a little time to discuss it and decide what we'd like to do, and we'll get back with you as soon as we're able. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to find me in-game, or ask us here on the forums.

Thanks again,
-Frightening

Would you mind trying to log out in your healing gear? Thanks Happy

sorry about that thought i did, unfortunatly my chest and gloves are shadow gear as well as i haven't found a decent replacement for them yet =(

Officer

Greetings and thanks for the Application.

I have a few questions that are aimed at allowing us to put your application in to a fair and balanced perspective from your point of view. I have no intent to be snarky.

1. How long have you been 85 on your priest? What has your play time been like and what have you been prioritizing in that time?

2. I notice your gear has little to no reforging, what is your thought process behind this?

3. Do you think you are ready now to perform at your best in a Cata raid? If not, what do you see as the path to get there; if so, why?

We are currently attempting heroic raiding content, and I think we both would agree that in terms of gear and possibly experience, it doesn't appear that you are ready to put your best foot forward.

However, good raiders are hard to find and there is nothing lacking that initiative, focus, and effort can't resolve in short order. I think in order to evaluate your application appropriately, we need to have sense of your commitment to "be the absolute best you can possibly be" vs. "chill people to knock some bosses down with."

Look forward to hearing from you.

I have a few questions of my own.

1. Why did you decide to take holy spec for healing over discipline?

2. Give me a basic run down of what you do during a fight where you would be raid healing.

3. What is your stat priority and why do you have it like it is?

4. ¿sıɥʇ op noʎ uɐɔ

I look forward to your answers.
Brela

order in which they were recieved lol

1. I hit 85 about a month after cata launched.... I wasn't really playing "for keeps" at that point as i stated in my app RL and other things were preventing me from focusing on the game. within the last month is when i decided to try to get my gear back up to par so for the last month i have been running as many heroics as i can and working on rep. im having a hell of a time getting into uldum as when i ST'd and faction changed for some reason i cant get the starter quests for uldum from the board or from going so i have been going back though all the zones and doing all the quests hoping that will fix that issue. I have also spent a good deal of time on EJ reading about new stuff and changes and priorites so not all my time has been spent in game

2. My gear has recently been reforged and fixed as best as i can with exception to the chant on my chest. I didn't have anything done on it due to the recent influx of gear I recently have been picking up and also have been trying to read through and decide what i needed to change to what, most of it has had crit nerfed and haste or mastery brought up, haste for the 12.5% cap for the extra renew tick and mastery for obvious reasons.

3. Personally as far as skills are concerned yes. i do believe I (the human) am ready to raid. My mind is right and im ready to get down to brass tacks so to speak. My character however is not quite there yet Gear wise he is lacking and im working on rep and money so i can get the gear i need to be there. I have always been a believer in skill over gear. I know gear says a lot about a character but i can promise you I am a good raider who is good at what he does.

I understand that raiders are a dime a dozen and yall are looking for someone who stands out. The only thing i can offer is a strong mind fast reflexes and a willingness to learn and be the best i can possibly be. I used to be one of the best on my home server and i want to get back to being that good again.

1. I was disc. all through wrath, Honestly i like disc better or used to but with the cata changes i was having a hard time keeping up with the damage as opposed to holy. That and i like all the utilites that holy gets with chakra and the holy word changes and what not. I could do disc again but i would need some people who were willing to die for a couple hours in some heroics so i could figure out what i was doing lol

2. in heavy damage stages i would be keeping CoH and PoM on CD and filling in the gaps with heal or Flash (always keeping Seren stacked to 2 for quick PoH casts) using HW:Sanc when it was situationally usefull. and standing in fire for mana regen and rage building

3. Max Int through gear (not chants or gems) i have enough spirit that i feel comfortable so now that my haste is renew capped im starting to work on Mastery. basically im trying to balance my stats so im all around comfortable i have found that stacking on stat in particular on a priest is nice for certain situations but for the most part there is always a fight your going to be lacking on either not enough or to much of something. I personally am a fan of mastery for holy just because in the GCD proces and what not the extra 100 to 1k healing in that second could be life or death and if that gets higher than it will help me in the long run feel more comfortable

4. No i cant do that, i have a job and a life

Hello,

As I'm sure your aware your gear is well cringe-worthy hehe Happy my question for you is if u had had adequate gearing time what would have been your top choice picks and why? Also have you/are you famiiar with the chimeron encounter? If not, if you could take a quick look at a video, and let me know if you were assigned a group of 5 melee, how would you ensure their survival? And your general strategy on that situation. Happy thanks so much for your time.

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Sterne1140
Raider

More specifically the HEROIC Chimeron fight.

so many adjectives that could be added to that simple statement but I'm sure this forum has a character limit.

Sterne1140
Raider

Fright would know what the limit is. I am sure he has been there a few times.

Don't let the questions intimidate you. You have answered well so far and we are just really interested on how you are gonna develop once we throw a bunch of gear at you.

I know nobody is trying to intimidate but I just wanted that to be clear.
Brela

Im assuming you want My BiS stuff pre raiding, if thats the case i dont think i have the room here to type it all out so i went through and weighted the stats that i was looking for on the guild ox engine and have included the link below

http://www.guildox.com/wr.asp?Cla=16&Art=8&Max=20&mh=43&mcr=18&spd=43&Mr=36&Int=100&Spi=86&Ver=7&i1=0&i2=0&i3=0&i7=0&i8=0&i9=0&j3=0&k7=0

The weights i chose are for this gear list are basically there for what im looking for ie. int weighted at 100 for maximum through put spirit right behind that at 86 for regen and haste in front of (but not by much) mastery. If you want more detail on the reasons why i'd be happy to give it but i dont want to get a TL:DR tag for getting into a gear debate lol

I have not seen the chimeron fight first hand (obviously lol) After watching the video though it occurs to me that if my group only needs to stay above 10k health then a quick cast PoH followed by a CoH directly after aught to bring them above the 10k mark. That order can be reversed obviously if it needs to happen faster than that as long as my seren stacks are good which i usually try to keep them up i should be able to get them where they need to be within 2 secs. I can get any body whom the mechanic skipped back up and running with a quick flash or heal if time permits or if im in Serenity stance a HW:S will do nicely for hitting the 10k mark

Find me in-game when you're next able to and we'll get you into the guild. Welcome aboard.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: