Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thepotato

re: Hmmm

Quote:
Benefits of being a Dedicated Raider:

The benefits of being a Dedicated raider are simple. Aside from slightly increased bank access, it basically comes down to the wait list. Members who have proven their dedication to the guild and to our raiding progression, i.e. Dedicated Raiders, will not be put on the wait list. Raiders and Initiates are subject to be waitlisted if needed at my discretion based on the raid content and the current group composition. Dedicated Raiders are guaranteed a raid spot, assuming they are signed up as Available.

Yeah im glad we as a guild downed the fucking boss,but you can imagine my frustration when i was in vent at 1759(5:59pst) and the only reason i wasn't in game was because the authentication servers were acting fucking funny. And something comes up and I still manage to make it back before the start of raid. I have been wiping just like the majority of you on that fucking boss for over 2 months and was really looking forward to killing that fucker tonight because i felt we were really close.

So i guess im confused (and im prob just gonna get its a my guild so shut the fuck up answer) but whats the point of being dedicated when i still have to be on the waitlist. And it cant be said that spots havent been held for people before because they have. I dont care about free DKP, im here to kill bosses not collect free DKP. Anyways im done fucking ranting.

re: Hmmm

I filled the raid at raid time, and you weren't online yet. I understand why you're upset, but the information I was given was "trazodone said he was going to be late." When I asked how late, I was told "he had to run to someone's house, and he said he was having problems logging on." If there are others online when it's time to start the raid, then they will be invited, I can't reasonably be expected to tell someone who is online ready to go that they have to sit because I think a dedicated member is probably on their way eventually, nor can you expect me to go through every name on vent to see if those who aren't here yet are for some reason in vent anyway. I'm sorry you weren't able to raid tonight, but I'm exceptionally glad that there was a waitlist tonight, even though you were on it, because that's a strong indicator of a healthy progression guild, and your personal recruitment efforts have helped make that possible.

However, in the future, bring your concerns directly to me. It is extremely unnecessary and inappropriate to vent your anger on the forums, not to mention implying that I have ever simply said "it's my guild shut the fuck up" to any problem a member has ever had. Frankly, that's just a slap in my face.

We will kill Heroic Chimaeron again. We will kill plenty of other bosses in the future, and I'm sure you will be there for more than enough of them. Right now, I'm translating your anger as a deep commitment to the guild that we've both worked very hard to ensure success for, and I'm very grateful for that, so relax, show up tomorrow, and just fucking raid.

Jump to: