Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ourstateobzen

re: Rated BGs startup and information thread

Ok, fools, here we go.

This is gonna be the thread where we start setting up our rated BGs team. Before we can start our BGs team, we need to know who is interested. So. What I want you to do is this. Post in this thread with the following information:

Character name
Role (dps/healer)
Resilience in full pvp gear
Favorite BG and why
Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me
Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs

Here's a list of all the people we have signed up so far:

Healers:
Dankush
Yeetawh
Klik
Amminidab (still goes both ways)

Killers:
Obzen
Junkr
Somosito
Serjtonkian
Siletense
Alastonn
Ahrimian
Frightening

IMPORTANT READ THIS

Signups and Invites Information:
I thought I would take this time to make a little more clear the policy on getting invites. Since it was our first night, and attendance was a bit low at the start, I slacked off on these requirements because both 1) I didn't make them clear enough and 2) people were unaware. So here we go.

You must, as I DID make clear (but not as a requirement) post in this thread with the information I asked for. This is so I know when I'm inviting people what they are doing and what they are capable of, so I'm not having to whisper twenty people with "What's your resil, bro?"

Also along the lines of forum activity, CHECK THIS THREAD. I shouldn't have to tell anyone to refresh the forums once a day or so, but in the event important things happen in this thread, there's no excuse for you to not be aware.

I will make a calendar event for every Thursday. Please respond to it accurately. When it's time to start and someone who has selected "Attending" is not there, it creates problems for putting the group together. Feel free to use this thread as a means to change your attendance status while out-of-game if it's a close-to-last-minute thing. If you can get online to change your status, you don't need to do it here, though.

You (yes, YOU) MUST have a good set of pvp gear to come to these rated BGs. Seriously. If you do not, you will get destroyed, and I don't want to have to deal with that. For our purposes, at this point, I'm calling "good" at least 3000 resilience. Any less and you are going to be fodder for that arms warrior on their team.

Do not AFK unannounced. If you go AFK during the middle of a match, you had better have a DAMN good reason to do so. I understand things happen, and I will be understanding when they do. However, repeated violations of this rule and I will no longer be interested at all with having you on the team. this is a competitive event, and we cannot be competitive when we're 9 on 10.

Play to win. We're doing this for fun, yes. Our first night, we did have fun. It was a lot of fun. We laughed, made fun of each other, just like raid times. When it comes down to it, though, no one is having fun if we're not doing well. No one wants to go 0-5. Honestly, if we go 3-2 every night, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'm not really expecting to go 2700 or anything, but I'm 100% positive we can get us some rank titles if we keep at this. For the sake of everyone else involved, when we're playing, please play your best.

NEW PVP GEAR IS AVAILABLE FOR HONOR AND CONQUEST. DO SOME HONOR FARMING EVERY NOW AND THEN AND GET CAUGHT UP. Hell, get with a buddy and do 2v2 arenas for an hour and get capped from that, too.

That's all that I can think of for now. If anything else comes up, I will update this post and make you all aware of it. Thanks for not sucking too badly at pvp, guys.

Last edited by Ourstateobzen on 07/07/2011 11:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
GM Fright
Officer

Character name: Echodyne
Role (dps/healer): Healer
Resilience: 3800 ish after the 2 piece set nerf
Favorite BG and why: battle for gilgamesh, or whatever. because we always win.
Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me: I'm the best PVP healer this guild has ever seen.
Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: thursday night, sat/sun afternoon.

I'll even start to help you out. Edit: Fright somehow managed to ninja the first response in this thread away from me. DICK.

Character name: Obzen

Role: DPS

Resilience: ~3300

Favorite BG and why: I would have to give this nod to Battle for Gilneas. I always liked Arathi Basin, and the smaller scale, faster action twist on that gameplay the BfG brought to the scene makes for a fun time.

Why I don't suck: First off, I'm a warrior, and you have to try pretty hard to suck at warrior pvp. Second, I've done pvp as both fury (suboptimal pvp spec) and arms, and can wreck face in either mode. Third, my 3s team got up to 1850 rating as fury/fire/combat. I'd like to see one other team ever who has done that.

Which nights work best: probably Thursday evenings.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

Last edited by Ourstateobzen on 06/30/2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
GM Fright
Officer

I beat you already because I'm way better than you.

GM Fright wrote:
I'm the best PVP healer this guild has ever seen.

Fucking challenge accepted. But it'll have to wait a while...

Somosito

Face-melter

~3200 Resilience though I don't always wear all of it. If a team is very healer heavy I believe it's a smart play to drop some resilience in favor of more damage.

I like everything other than EotS/AV. EotS just sucks because there is something about that magical barrier at the start that makes random people retarded. AV sucks because it's nearly impossible to get 40 random people to work together.

Particularly I'm a fan of doing AB/BfG as a team because it's a place where teamwork outshines skill, and that's a fresh change of pace. In a solo endeavor I tend to be a bigger fan of WSG because I feel like it's easier to make an impact as one person.

You should let me tag along because I have strong shoulders in a PvP scenario. I also enjoy denying people kills by peeling more so than actually killing someone. My thought process is: If you kill someone they respawn either way, but if you deny them a kill then they rage like Fright when he says "YOU'RE OTHER FUCKING RIGHT" and that makes me smile. Obzen, I made it to 1900 in Season 4 as Warrior/Warlock in 2's.

Best time for me would be Thursday evenings, though probably only until about 9:00 server instead of 9:30, or Sunday afternoons.

Character name: Siletense
Role (dps/healer): Dps
Resilience: 2571 to 3688 depending on the the mix of pvp and pve gear for optimal dps/survival I'm running with
Favorite BG and why: Arathi Basin, requires strategy and coordination also is just fun in general.
Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me: I have lots of experience playing this class and know it inside and out, i am knowledgeable on almost all aspects of all other classes and know how to use that to my advantage, I have experience in fairly good arena teams both 2v2 and 3v3 which have reached about 1850 and ~1800 respectively.
Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: Any day I'm not busy. My work schedule right now is kinda random but I'm normally free after about 5 server time.

Last edited by Siletense on 06/30/2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Amminidabtree

I have two pvp geared toons, so yeah.

Character: Amminidab
Role: Resto Druid (Healer)
Resilience: Around 3800
Favorite BG and why: EOTS because it's a combination of several BGs
Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me: I don't suck?
Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: Any night

Character: Jaqphathdab
Role: Frost Mage (DPS)
Resilience: 3217
Favorite BG and why: WSG/TP because I own flag carriers
Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me: Frost mages are stupid and so am I
Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: Any night except tonight... tonight won't work

Character name: Yeetawh
Role (dps/healer): Healizzle.
Resilience in full pvp gear: ....1728
Favorite BG and why: I always liked EotS for some reason... I'm weird
Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me: Well, I probably do suck, but I can heal people...make other people attack me and I tend to be very good at surviving and running away.
Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: Unknown, I have open work availability on non raid nights and there is the possibility I will work late.

So I'm kind of bad, but I'm still working on pvp gear because I never pvp when I have to do it alone, but if I got to do it with the guild I'd actually try to get all my gear and not be turrble. But due to work I wouldn't be 100% reliable so....that kind of sucks.

Friend

Klik

Role: Healer

Resilience in full pvp gear: 3015 and rising

Favorite BG and why: BfG, smaller scale AB and faster paced

Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me: While PvP is not my strongest suit I've always enjoyed and done reasonably well when in premade groups. I like the teamwork of doing bgs with friends/guildies and the openess of them over arenas. I learn pretty quick and I give it my all

Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: Whenever

Amminidabtree

Do we have like 5 available healers for this shit?!

We should just 10-heal the rated BGs

Character name: Serjtonkian
Role (dps/healer): DPS
Resilience in full pvp gear: 3559
Favorite BG and why: AB... I really dont know why....
Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me.. Well i think most of you know by now im pretty beast at pvp.
Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: Any night
GM Fright
Officer

too many healers? I can be a warrior or an affliction lock, also.

Character name: Junkr

Role (dps/healer): SP Carry

Resilience in full pvp gear: 3385

Favorite BG and why: I like Twin Peaks, but WSG is and will forever be my favorite. /salute Snaker, Eax, Thepopo. RIP my poor level 19 friends. You taught me so well.

Tell me why you don't suck and why I should let you RBG with me: Bill Clinton said I was the best CTF player in existence. If that's not enough, nothing is.

Which nights of the week work best for rated BGs: Thursdays and/or Sunday nights.

Klik
The Klik
Friend

Up to 3700 res now and have a disc pvp spec as well.

Ourstateobzen

Updated initial post with a list of those interested so far. GET IN HERE AND PARTICIPATE YOU JACKWAGONS.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: