Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Souldrive

re: What's the best software for screen recording (gameplay)

I need a few opinions and a few list of softwares that can record any gameplay on computer (vista) . (make sure they're free and good) (also records audio)

please and thanks

~Peace

Amminidabtree

Xfire is the best that is free. Xfire is what Acramor and I use for boss kills. It records for as long as you want, but, it records in huge files. The Beth'Tilac kill I recorded is 17.3 GB.

Fraps also has a free version, but you need to manually update it every time there is an update. Plus, the free version only records 30 second intervals.

I think WeGame is free but is also like fraps where it only records 30 second videos. Also, I couldn't get the videos out of their files when I recorded with WeGame.

Those are the big three recording programs that I know of.

The free programs I know of without restrictions like Fraps are Xfire, WeGame, and PlayClaw.

WeGame was the program I used on my old computer because it seemed to have the smallest impact on my computer's performance. The downside is that you have to record on half screen quality unless you pay for it and even then I don't believe it's as high quality as Xfire or PlayClaw. Also, there are a few sound cards it won't record sound with that the other two will.

I didn't really notice a difference between Xfire and PlayClaw in terms of quality and performance. I just use Xfire over it because the videos recorded with PlayClaw wouldn't save to my hard drive for some reason. Both can record full screen videos with sound.
Souldrive

that much memory for a 10 min video recording, damn wow !

Souldrive

with xfire can u upload it to youtube and such, cause u have a link... and hey wats that buff addon ur using called ? (top right corner)

Amminidabtree

When you finish recording your video, you can either upload it straight to xfire or you can just keep it in your video list. There is a file that your xfire videos are saved to. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to upload it straight to youtube or you can publish it with a movie making program.

Souldrive wrote:
and hey wats that buff addon ur using called ? (top right corner)

I assume that's directed at me so I'm using SatrinaBuffFrame. Unfortunately, it's no longer maintained so at some point it may break. Also, I can't right click buffs off with it. However, I still like the fact I can add additional bars to display certain buffs elsewhere (that's how I monitor evangelism and shadow orbs). There are probably other addons that do that but until SBF breaks, I probably won't make the switch.
Souldrive

thanks man,

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: