Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sterne1140
Raider

re: Aedos, Computer build

The case I ordered

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108376

never seen it before but it looks pretty slick, didnt notice but does it support usb3.0 on the front?
I was looking at the haf932? for my build, its pretty similar to yours ecept i plan on putting a 256? or 240(cant remeber the gigs atm) force gt ssd in for my programs to run off of and i was looking at eiother a seagate baracuda or hitachi enterprise hard drive
Ive always used WD but im tempted to buy one of these looking at some of the diff factors.
/meh

Nice case. Thumbs up for bottom mounting PS

Savallia

I found a pretty :D
http://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Gamer-Supreme-CrossFire-A974SLCK/dp/B005NCXHHS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IVT52YR9OUTCP&colid=1PE6Z0BPZ482X

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
cnospam

soo after getting in touch with some of my old geek buddies and doing a lot more reading and digging, I think if I build this system right when I get home(and maybe a reccomenation to you scott)
I'm gonna forgo the 580 classified for
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150586
xfx black edition 7970
the price is pretty much the same but an overwhelming number of reputable sites showing the 7970's consistantly out performing the 580 classified AND staying cooler and using less power. Not to mention that I want a 3 monitor setup eventually and eyefinity seems to be miles ahead of nvidia right now in multimonitor
the xfx double helix blaCK BOX is showing 70degrees celcious @ full load with only the stock fans, thats freaking impressive and it appears to be quieter than a lot of case fans.

The majoirty of responses I got from my friends (2 of which work for microsoft) I might wait for the new x79 processors and next btch of x79 boards(it will lower the over all cost of x79 which right now is high, to say the least) the cheapest x79 chip is like 500? bucks and the boards tend to run in the 400 dollar range for the good ones, but it is also the first round of stuff for the platform.
Once they fix x79 though, you're looking at native usb 3.0, xfire and sli in x16/x16 wihtout add in cards and on pci 3.0. Amd is the only card using 3.0, nvidia is still 2.0) and native sata 6.0gb, right now most boards have only 2 6gb connections, with an added marvel controller(which has seeming had nothing but problems) to add 2 more, but wiht very limited raid options

Not to mention quad channel ram, shit, 8 dim slots on x79(since it supports 64gb of ram) you could buy 32gb of ram for super cheap(4gb sticks) fill all 8 slots, and partition off 16gb for a ram disk for wow, you wanna talk about fast, can you say 5gb/s on a ram disk? and with x79, the 8 dimms makes ram disk an affordable option for running super heavy stuff!! hehe, ok ill stop geeking

/shrug just some food for thought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015

Ordered

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: