Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savallia

re: You hacked bro?

hey acra you hacked dude? cause your on and not responding?

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Acramor
Friend

Looks like I was. I did the account recovery thing and reset my password. I also scanned for viruses or malware but didn't find anything. Maybe it's time I get an authenticator. What time did you see me on?
Savallia

last night about 7ish pm?? It was shortly after raid began... and you/it bounced around between all your toons, you seem to have all your gear still?? so idk...

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

Was during raid last night, about 7:30 server time. Several folks put in tickets reporting the suspicious behavior. Hopefully they didn't mess you up to bad. And EVERYONE in this guild should have an authenticator.

It is pretty fricking stupid to not have one in my opinion.

I demoted Acramor to casual to prevent bank access, none of your toons were removed from the guild or anything. After reviewing the bank logs, doesn't look like they took anything from the guild bank.

As soon as you have the account bank and have an authenticator, we can promote you back to raider. Most smart phones enable you to get an authenticator for free. If you don't have a smart phone for your igloo, you can buy one for 7 bucks or so from the blizzard store.

See you soon.

Last edited by Obeliska/Tavie on 03/28/2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Savallia

if you have a smart phone theyre free??

kaasi
Friend

For android, iphone, blackberry and windows phone platforms.

https://us.battle.net/account/support/mobile-auth-download.html

cnospam

Not rallying against authinticators, despite the fact they were cracked after being out for a week but,

A few notes from the IT world and practices I use for WOW and all my finacial associated stuff and like me you can be authinticator and worry free(relatively)

- most hacks now come from one of two places
- people use the same password on their wow account as they use for wow associated forums, sites, etc. This is a bad idea. Unique password, apply this to anything important. I use a common password for unimportant crap and unique passwords for my banks, wow, etc.

The forum, website, etc gets hacked into, the hackers then apply your email and that sites password to WOW, bam they are in. They never have to infiltrate YOUR personal PC.

- Links in emails, websites, etc. This especially applies to RL stuff like bank accounts- if YOU didn't SPECIFICALLY request a link, I.E. password reset, in email DON'T CLICK IT!!
EVER!!!
Even regualr looking emails from my bank, I go to google/my fav folder and find my way there. Ghost sites are HUGE right now and successful.
"Sir, please visit your bank site/blizz site/etc, we are offering a special deal on xxx/get a beta key/we owe you money/etcetc" you click the link, it's a public site so ghosting it is easy, you log in, pretty normal, you even do nomal looking things on the site you know and trust, except it isn't a real site. The Web addr looks correct but if you opened the properties to it you would see the rest of the address that isn't displayed and it's not the same. Anyhow, now they have your info.

- Last one(this is for gen public) Gold buying, if the gold seller/toon leveler/etc wants you account info to transfer gold, find another site. Don't ever give out your info. Not saying(nor do I care) anyone here uses these services and I don't either but we ALL prob know someone who has who subsequently, it may have been 6 months down the road, got mysteriously "hacked"

Not saying you are guilty of any of this either Accra but some of these are easy simple mistakes that close friends of mine, depsite my preaching internet security have done with their bank accounts and had their identity stolen.
1 in 3 americans has some/all of their info stolen. Most of us don't make enough for it to end up being used against us but the threat is real. Be safe.

V/R
John "Saurial"

I feel like I've been pretty good at avoiding those things. That's why I'm surprised I was hacked, but I guess it's always possible. I never bothered to get an authenticator mostly out of lazyness tbh but I also never felt too at risk. Anyway, I got the authenticator on my iPod Touch and once my account gets unbanned, I'll log back in. I have to say, it was a pretty convenient time to get hacked since I haven't had any spare time to play anyway. With any luck, I'll be on by friday.
Amminidabtree

Hopefully the hacker didn't destroy your totally awesome staff.

what he ^^^^^ said!!!

Jump to: