Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

re: MoP Beta Information

Well I got my beta invite today and have begun downloading and installing the client. Think it is roughly 17gigs (maybe 27). I saw 10gb at one point then it updated to 17, since I was afk for part of it, not sure if it is cumalitive or not.

Figured I would start this thread for collective commentary. My invite arrived at 6:11pm EDT.

Stay tuned..
Masticrom

Need input.......need input!
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

94% done downloading the client now, so hopefully will be able to log in soon. While I was waiting I researched a few things, you will be able to do 5 character copies and 3 template copies from your blizz account to the PTR.

I copied Demort, Obeliska, and Vorshk. After I take a look around, will decide which 2 of my remaining 3 alts I will copy next. Tavie plus one most likely.

From what I can tell, only 1 of the 85plus zones is impemented, along with some instance revamps and the new monk area. I am going to roll a monk first and give that a go.

Actual game details to come..
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

Ok, have spent some time in MoP now. Mostly doing the first dungeon and questing on my lock and mage. I started a monk, but there are a bazillion people questing there and it is too annoying to handle. While it is bad on an 85, it is HORRENDOUS on a new monk.

The questing is similar to hyjal, outdoor zone, one quest hub to the next, mix of collect, kill and balance this quests. DK's are pretty much the same from a dps point of view, Fire mages are less random and the "fire blast" ability always spreads the dots. The bomb is no longer a part of that calculation now, as the bomb is chosen via talents, most mages are taking the nether bomb.

Currently duel spec is broken as is respecing, so once you chose, that is it until they fix it.

The first dungeon drops 425 ilevel gear. The library event is a major pain in the ass, the secret to the fight is not doing anything, no dps, no tanking.. just spot heals and waiting for stacks to diminish. DPS up to 5-7 stacks, then stop again, rinse and repeat until both mobs are dead. Fight is very much a long, grindy feeling encounter (and there was no loot to boot!)

The other fights are more straightforward, one is like the lurker below in SSC, kill adds then boss rotates spraying a water thing that will knock you back and if you are in water you take dmg. The 3rd boss, is dodging waves and not standing in fire, but pretty much a tank and spank. The last boss was kinda fun, he makes an attackable copy of you that is tethered to you and everyone needs to kill each others, stack and AE down was effective.

Warlock dps, for those that care, is kinda wonky. Destro is broken atm cause you burn through mana so fast that there is no means of regening it even with the fel energy passive ability (which doesn't seem to work as intended). Destro does not have life tap to use, and the innate health regen seems lagging. I can see where locks can be tanks, but that isn't viable just yet. Though I was able to solo some of the trash in the Jade Temple instance, as long as it could be solo pulled.

To soon to say whether things are good or bad, just sharing some random thoughts and observations..
Holyinfusion

did you have any issues downloading the beta?

Nope, download and install went pretty smooth.
Masticrom

how goes the testing of other chars?
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

My youngest nephew has been spending his spring break with me, so I haven't really been on too much.

I have leveled up my monk some, and its still a work in progress, not too bad from a dps point of view, but since respecing doesn't work now, hard to try out the other specs.

Really not much new to add.
Kimlin
Raider

I have my invite now Tavie. My rogues name is Kimlin...yes I know I am very creative.
I haven't really played much been busy with things but I like the idea of the spec/talent/glyph system. I also like the idea of the new poisons system. If anyone wants to know rogue things I can post more info as I test and I will be trying out a Panda monk too.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: