Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnospam

re: treat it like a bandaid

thinking i'm ready to start building my new computer. Having seen what ivy bridge will/won't bring new to the table and kepler, just tired of waiting.
Anywho for those interested or whom may have advice tis my list.
Still waiting on the MOBO to be in stock, gonna start buying other parts as sells come up till I can get my hands on the mobo I want and hell, if Nvidia releases something more well rounded than the 680 before I buy the GPU, at the moment my thoughts are, the 680 is cheaper and faster than the 7970 in gaming, however from what i've seen it is tuned for gaming and lags horribly behind the 7970 for productivity apps and multi-monitor and/or high res usage soo at the moment I am feeling the 7970 for a more well rounded card, thoughts? opinions?

NZXT Switch 810 CA-SW810-B1 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS : not fond of going with XL ATX but, holy shit this board has everything you could want and future mod-ability looks super bright

XFX Double D FX-797A-TDBC Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 : hands down the fastest and quietest/coolest running 7970 out(the AMD version of evga's classified 580)

Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core : while I don't feel the 3820 offers a lot over i7 25k/26k/2700k it's the cheapest way to jump to the 79 platform for future upgradability

SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)

Dell UltraSharp U2410 Black 24" 6ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor
:if this monitor is as nice as the reviews say, I will prob buy 1 or 2 more down the road, other wise, return and pick something else. The response times on it look promising for gaming considering its NOT a TN panel monitor, hoping my games will be that much bettererer looking.

LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with 3D Playback SATA iHBS212-08

CORSAIR H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSC00-80GAD3-US 1200W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS

without shopping around for better deals than newegg, puts me at $3400, quite a pretty penny but every system I have built has lasted 5+years with minimal upgrades, hoping this will be no diff. I do plan on adding more gpu's once prices drop when new cards come out.

Send me your 'old' computer. Mine hardly runs 20 fps in combat.

have to fight my daughter for it, it's dieing anyhow, u wouldn't want it. Living in guam, the salt water air reallly took its toll. I had to pull out a video card and its running on one card in the 8x slot because the 16x slot is dead.

Can't wait for amd to realease new cards soo i can dump 1 or 2 more 7970's into this board @ 16x for all 3(or 4 if i get crazy) and buy another new monitor. My current monitors are also dieing(6? year old tn panels)

Forgot to add something for anyone interested in building their own system.
Lots of fans out there to choose from if you don't want to use the stock fans. I personally prefer
COUGAR CF-V14H http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553007
in silent mode 55ish CfM @ 16 Db which is right up there with considerably more expensive fans for silence/airflow
Have 7 of them in route since my old ones are well old lol
You won't see them in all of the fan round up charts but personally think some of that jargon is advertising/revenue based(hey i'll pay you to include my xxx item)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1vD0O3zhko

Jump to: