Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: D3 Launch

Good thing I'm here to advise you financially, I don't know what you would do without me. I think if you had gone much higher than 35k you probably wouldn't have found a buyer nearly as quickly.

In act 2 on nightmare and certain mobs are giving me trouble. Spinning Dervishes with horde is one. Was wondering if you guys had to resort to kiting and other funny positioning tactics this early.

Also thinking that I am gearing wrong. Focusing on dexterity and vitality have 735 damage with 9.4k health if that is an indicator.
Amminidabtree

Recently defeated Diablo on hell difficulty. Only took about 3 hours and 30 minutes to kill him with around 75 deaths.

has that been the norm for your act bosses so far?
Amminidabtree

Normal and Nightmare were both cakewalks for me. Act 1 and 2 in hell mode were very easy as well, except the elite mobs usually screwed me over several times, like jailer molten invulnerable minions for example.

Act 3 in hell mode started to get difficult, and would have taken the longest time to complete if I didn't have so many issues with the Diablo fight. Honestly, all of the bosses in Act 3 were easy, but almost all of the elite mobs were terrible to deal with (siletense can attest to this as he was on skype with me pretty much the whole time I was leveling).

Act 4 was so incredibly annoying that I almost table flipped and quit. The first boss Despair(?) was super easy, only died to him once because the adds were overwhelming I couldn't shoot him. Rakanoth took about an hour to kill until I figured out a build that completely ignored his one-shotting blinkstrike attack. Izual was an idiot and got body blocked by his own minions and allowed me to burst 75% of his health down, then kite. Diablo was a big jerk face and if I got hit by one thing (cage, flame aoe, lazer beam, my own clone), I was dead. I used fraps to record my kill and I'm thinking of starting up some boss guides on youtube or something.

My next challenge before my friends beat hell and we try inferno is to get all of the materials for Whimsyshire, the secret level that requires a SHIT ton of luck to get to. The mats are pretty rare, except Wirt's Bell, and the place really does exist, I watched 'spoiler-free' videos showing how to get the items, and how to start the quest. I've not seen actual gameplay withing the zone, but it's supposedly hurluriours.

Anyway, after I get that shit and beat inferno, I'm either going to attempt several stupid achievements or level up a wizard. Most likely both.

jeez, a yes or no would have sufficed.
GM Fright
Officer

Griiiiiiimmer wrote:
jeez, a yes or no would have sufficed.

Ha.

GM Fright wrote:
The dumb girlfriend told me that I should buy it when I was still debating whether or not I would. Now it's her fault when I lose my job and she breaks up with me and I die in a pile of my own poop.

how is that game plan coming along?

GM Fright
Officer

Oh you know, pooping away. The game is getting a little boring though. There's no character customization and the gear you find is 98% shit, so you just end up farming gold and buying gear off the AH, all while whimsically switching out the force-learned no-choice spells just for a little change every now and then.
I have a feeling I'm going to end up just running each class through normal mode and then losing interest, but you never know.

Amminidab#1532 if you want to add me

can't lie I'm with fright on this one... If it wasnt for the achievs... I'd be bored already... =/

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

It definitely has a lot less broad content than say a wow expansion does. I was hitting Diablo 2 before launch so this kind of game has appeal to me.

I am really enjoying the champions and elites in nightmare and hell. They force me to experiment with my build to eek out better performance and survivability. Just started using tempest rush on my monk and its replacing Dashing strike for me.
Amminidabtree

I got the nightmarish staff of herding, so if anybody wants to see the secret level, just tell me. I need 500k gold to get the hellish staff of herding upgrade and then I need to get an inferno Izual kill and probably 1 million gold for the infernal staff of herding.

Also, a friend and I did the Act 1, stopping after we finished the skeleton king, and it is extremely difficult. I think to solo this I'm going to need a super kite build with burst damage, vitality and defense is practically useless when everything can one-shot.

If you want me to reserve gear or whatever just tell me so, but make sure you're on my friends list because I have about 5 people asking me for help on lower acts they can't kill or asking me if I can hand off any gear, which I have no problem doing if I'm not doing inferno progression.

By the way, inferno mode has 1000+ gold drops. At level 60 you get a buff called Nephalem Valor which increases your gold and magic find by 25% whenever you kill an elite mob (the group of blues) capping at 5 stacks. This makes farming in any mode extremely useful for both gear and money. The Nephalem Valor buff lasts 30 minutes and is refreshed every time you kill an elite mob. Neither bosses nor the champions (yellow guys) count towards the stacks. The stacks go away if you complete an act, leave the game (on purpose or by disconnect), or if you change gear set. While this is impractical to try different builds while still being able to farm, it's a good tool to see if you're actually able to kill elite mobs with a build. The buff is extremely useful on boss kills

Anyway, hit me up if you want help or gear. Amminidab#1532.

I am gonna take you up on that offer after I hit 60. I was thinking about grinding the harder to get stuff but gem costs are insane so I don't think I will be making the stick any time soon.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: